Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ain't about the money?

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh...

Life is indeed full of suprises, rite?

Well, well, well....

Recently, something happened to me. Something which I have not expected. 

Before I share the story, let me make it clear that this is just a sharing. 

Ok, one of the best parts in the career life is when it is the SALARY period. Kaching kachiiiing~ ~ ~

It is understandable that part of our intentions to work is to earn for a living. Everyone knows that. It is a common sense. 

However, when people started to question you like this:

"Eh, I thought you work for the sake of Allah. So why worry about your salary?"

I will start to take a very deep breathe and pause for a moment.  

Before I start to give my answer, I will ask them back: 

"Are you saying that when we mentioned about the salary, it shows that we do not work for Allah's sake?"

They will start to rephrase their sentences and continue with their own reasoning.

So people, we are living in the world, where money is needed. It might not be a primary need, but it is part of our need. Therefore, stop asking that kind of questions. It does not mean that when people asking THEIR RIGHT about their salary, they do not work for Allah's sake. 

Ok, back to my story. (yang kat atas tu intro aje. Hehehehe)

Before I went back into this current organization, I expected that they would make some changes. Unfortunately, my expectation is wrong. 

My salary for this month has been POSTPONED for 7 this, due to the mistake from one of my colleagues.

Yeah, at first I was furious, mad and all those unappropriate stuff. But several days later, I started to calm down and told myself that I will gonna give them a letter by the end of the year. 

It is as simple as that.

I do not want to make a big issue for those who do not know their responsibility. I have been tolerating with their nonsense policy (Which is: they salary will be suspended if one of the staffs' punch card has problem, such as did not state the total lateness, did not attach the MC etc). And another thing, about the CPF thingy. Tak payah nak cakap la. Buat penat mulut aje.

I feel so dissapointed that they never change. Oh well, a leopard can never change it spots, i guess.

Lesson learnt: If you cannot expect a person to change, then do not expect an ORGANIZATION to change.

Last but not least, a friend just texted me, asking for a counselling session. Maybe I should try on this...hmmmm~ time for an istikharah! 

Wish me luck!

And the same goes to you, my loyal readers ^^





No comments: