Monday, September 21, 2009

A thing about Rayer


As you all know that I am not in the mood for Rayer, therefore I won't be blogging anything about my Rayer celebration.

Right now, I cannot sleep after came back from the WHOLE day of RAYER visiting.

Sometimes I just felt that as a Malay Muslim, we took for granted of these ISLAMIC celebration. This Rayer thingy is more to CULTURAL celebration, rather than ISLAMIC celebration. AS a born Malay Muslim, that is how I felt sometimes. But when I put myself in a situation as a MUSLIM rather than a MALAY MUSLIM, I found that this celebration is meaningful when you are able to achieve some of the goals which you have set during Ramadhan.

Sorry to say this, but most of the Malay, they regarded this Eidulfitri as their OWN celebration. They have their Own tradition to celebrate this festival. They have their Rayer songs, foods etc.

You may say that the Arabs also might have their way to celebrate it. Yeah, but at least they are not as exaggerated as WE did. They did not celebrated it for the wHoLe Syawal, although they did the fastings for the WHOLE Ramadhan.

The question is: is Eidulfitri a celebration of faith or celebration of culture?

I may be a bit sarcistic. But I just could not help not to think about it. I do celebrate it, but not for the whole month. I did some house-visiting, in order to refresh our blood-relationship. As everybody would notice that nowadays, people are attached more to their friends, rather that relatives. And that includes ME!

Sometimes I am grateful that there is Syawal. I would always say this to myself:
"Nasib baik lah ada rayer...Kalau tak, mesti kita tak kenal sape sedara kita..."

I do not want to say that myself is all the goody-goody type, as I am NOT. But I really MISSED Ramadhan. *sigh*

No comments: